View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
J Knight

Re: I wanna level and drop my truck, HELP please

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam59 View Post
I am thinking about doing what you say here Knight, front cut 1 coil, and the rear 2 inch drop shackles and move hangers. Is it a pain to move hangers up on frame? What does it involve? How far forward do u move them? I really want the spindles and new lower springs and stuff but money is tight. The ride wont be too rigid correct? I wont be driving it far distances, I only work 15 minutes from house and will mainly drive it to work.
Cutting one round off the front springs will yield about a 2in drop, it will rest the bumpstop pads on the spring tower. You will need to at least remove the rubber pad but I would recommend cutting off the bumpstop mount because it will occationally hit metal to metal. To installing the 2in drop shackles you will need to cut a notch out of the bed floor brace for it to fit,it is actually 4in longer than stock, when you look up above your stock shackle you will see what I mean. Now for the fun part, you will need to grind all the rivits holding the stock hangers to the frame, be very careful around the gas tank while doing this. Move the hangers up, as in vertical 4in(NOT FORWARD) redrill the frame, reattatch with 3/8 grade 8 bolts, trim the excess hanger above the frame. It is important to mount these hangers on a matching centerline to keep your rear end strait so measure carefully before you drill new holes to mount them.