View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
That makes sense. Sounds well thought out. And I can appreciate that! Very curious to get it running and see how it works, so go work on it!! :-D You probably have it figured out right, I have the exact opposite problem. I have a torque monster also (535 BB) which makes 666lb/ft at only 3000 RPM but power stops falling off around 5100. But I have a 3.08 gear so it works decent. Thats the thing that has been keeping me from going to a different gear. I probably have it all wrong though!!!! I have nothing but the upmost respect for your work so keep on rocking!
You don't have it all wrong! Just two different ways to go at it. We have a '97 S10 SS that makes all it's torque at around 3300 rpm, and pulls to only about 5k. It also has a 3.08 and works fine, like you said.

Here's how I like 'em. BMW M3, 4.0 V8 with IR intake, and revs to something like 8500-9000 rpm! Fairly quiet exhaust so you mostly hear the intake noise. Around 2:30 there's vid of it driving on the street. That thing sounds amazing! This is what I'm after with the destroked 5.3 build.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote