View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #126
67c10rustbuket

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post

One of the pieces I purchased is the front floor section for both the passenger and drivers side. I noticed the replacement panel includes a small section of the firewall and eliminates the seam between the floor board and firewall.

My question is would it be a viable option for me to cut out a piece of this panel (I don't want to cut my entire floor up), and basically eliminate the seam altogether on the passenger side by attaching the panel to the firewall?
What up D, Nice air conditioner Motor looks nice! I finally got my wife in the garage this eve using a die grinder. on the floor piece I have seen several people do exactly as you said. Personally I wanted to do mine as Chevrolet did so I took my floor to work and slapped it in a press brake to make the flange. Personally i think the flanges between the firewall and floor add a little strength especially when the aftermarket floor pans are thiner than factory. Maybe you could leave the flange on the firewall and just overlap the floor pan on top of it ? seen that done many times also. Seems that would give it a little more strength there in my head anyway.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote