View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #34
OneOffStroker

Re: Stroker's Build (5.3/4L60E in a '69)

Well, I was supposed to go to VIR and race my Supermoto all weekend, but Thursday morning, it blew the water pump impeller shaft's water-side seal, and of course nobody had parts locally, so I couldn't fix it in time.

So that left me with an entire weekend with nothing planned. Hrmmm...seems like a legit time to work on the Burb.

I got so much done, it is crazy. I would have been driving this thing weeks ago if I could have had this intensity in the past.

Some stuff I got done:
- Made a fan support/mounting bracket/radiator filler panel
- Fabbed up some mounting tabs for my Cold Air Intake
- Mounted my A/C condenser and trans cooler
- bent up some hard lines for trans cooler and external filter (also mounted said filter)
- cut/hammered clearances in my inner fenders so I can alleviate some tire rub
- revamped the mounts for my battery box to clear inner fender
- fabbed mounts for my fan relay/circuit breaker/distribution block assembly
- mounted all my front sheetmetal (need to remove fenders at least one more time though, as I ordered new lower cab/fender brackets)
- added connectors to rear section wiring so I can plug into stock harness that runs through headliner
- Disassembled taillights to clean/restore them and sort wiring. (a trailer harness was butchered into the stock wires some time ago, so I had to fix that mess)
- replaced fuel sender & license plate wiring beginning at connector
- placed new gasket on fuel sender
- ran wiring to fuel pump
- cleaned interior and began laying down more RAAM Mat BXII

I also cleaned the garage and stowed ALL my tools about 6 times throughout all this, as I have OCD and get pissed when I can't find a tool.

There were a lot of detail things that also got accomplished, but weren't really worth mention.

I am taking Tuesday-Thursday off of work to tinker with the Burb, so maybe I'll get this thing fired up and running by the end of June. I'll take some pics throughout the week and post them as well. Sorry I don't have any from the weekend.

A bit off topic, but last weekend I was putzing around on my Harley and saw a gathering of bikes. I stopped by, and a few dudes encouraged me to enter my bike in the show they were having. They talked me into it, and I took 1st place!!! The bike was all dirty and didn't even have all the parts on it! Hopefully I'll have this same kind of luck with the Burb once it's on the road.

And on a bright note...my supermoto parts come in Monday, so I'll be out racing on Saturday in North Carolina.
OneOffStroker is offline   Reply With Quote