View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #127
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
What up D, Nice air conditioner Motor looks nice! I finally got my wife in the garage this eve using a die grinder. on the floor piece I have seen several people do exactly as you said. Personally I wanted to do mine as Chevrolet did so I took my floor to work and slapped it in a press brake to make the flange. Personally i think the flanges between the firewall and floor add a little strength especially when the aftermarket floor pans are thiner than factory. Maybe you could leave the flange on the firewall and just overlap the floor pan on top of it ? seen that done many times also. Seems that would give it a little more strength there in my head anyway.
Thanks, Dan!!!

You know a friend of mine also suggested overlapping to add strength. I was concerned about moisture and rust between the two pieces, but maybe I don't need to be?

My first try is to use a piece I cut from the floor board of my original cab. (see pics below). I basically cut out the seam, and then trimmed it down. I did this because I wanted to make sure I kept the half circle in good shape. If it was not for that being damaged, I could probably bang out and spot weld the floor board the way it is.

So, if this works, then I will have a replacement seam in the cab.

My second try will be using the pieces you sent me.

My final try will be using the replacement floor board, either as I originally mentioned in my last post, or overlapping as you suggested. This is probably a viable option, especially since my truck will be a driver, not a show car.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get back to it for another two weeks. Busy traveling on and off for work.
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote