View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #25
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

It has been a little hectic. I put such a tight deadline on trying to get this thing fired up, I am just between a rock and a hard spot.

Motor has been mocked up and the mounts have been made. Tacked them and sent the mounts out to finish the full welding. Once I get those back, they will be primered and painted. The transmission mount has been fabricated, so again more cleaning and painting.

Finally cleaned up the rear end from the Mercury Mountaineer. Cleaned, washed with Marine Cleaner, prepped with Metal Ready, PORed and painted. As I pulled the axles to have them re drilled for a Chevy bolt pattern, we noticed the axle bearing in the driver side was going. It ruined the axle unfortunately and because I am past my 30 day return policy on the rear end, I have to go buy an axle. Stellar. Ordered my driver's side axle bearing from NAPA and axle seals for both sides so I will have those ready to go. Along with that I ordered all my hardware and brakes for the rear so everything will be ready to go once I swap out the axle.

It has been a bit frustrating the last few weeks. Same song and dance as everyone here. So much to do and not enough time to do it (I have only been able to work on this on Saturday and half of Sunday because of the commute).

Time will tell though.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote