View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #312
Bowtie468

Re: Bowtie468's Extreme '68 BuildPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L View Post
What U-Joints are you running, 1330 or 1350. The only reason I am asking is because I'm looking to do a similar setup. I have been checking out their website trying figure out what I will need. My problem is I don't know my ride height yet, have to get the bed back on to figure it out. Are you still using the stock trailing arm crossmember or did you change it?
u joints are 1330 . Also I'm running a Porterbuilt crossmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
I have never told anyone this before but.....that is the best looking shaft I have ever seen !
Posted via Mobile Device
lol !!! Well just for the record, I didn't ask Dennys for a nice shaft , this is just what they sent . It was out of my hands !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
What is the hp rating on the big block. Only reason I ask is I am trying to figure out what size shaft I need to run with my engine.
this bbc dyno'd at 540. When I couldnt get a 4" alum to clear, I called and told them I wanted their 3 1/2" HD steel shaft . They informed me that the 3 1/2" alum would withstand to same power levels as their steel HD shaft, which is rated up to 750 hp. So I went with the prettier one ! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
----------------------------------
1979 C10 Silverado Big10 SWB
Factory 454/400
Cardinal Red/Santa Fe Tan (original paint)

1969 Camaro X44 LS swap

1968 C10 SWB Fleetside (SOLD)
468BBC MultiPort TPI / Dynamic EFI P4
Black/Black

1963 Nova SS convertible (SOLD)
194 I6/ PowerGlide
Bowtie468 is offline   Reply With Quote