View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #122
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

Well folks.......just like in the video...the truck was starting and idling but little else. I wasn't posting about it as I was beginning to loose faith with the harness builder, and to some degree the tuner. Well...I'm glad to say we finally resolved it. I had removed parts from our TBSS to swap into the truck for troubleshooting and felt like it was th pedal assembly. I finally removed the Interceptor scan gauge I had in the TBSS and hooked it up to the truck. It confirmed a issue with the pedal via a dtc, which was enough to get my tuner to send another pedal assembly. Plugged it in the evening and it worked! Was able to clear the dtc's also. This was the 1st time I revved it up since going to efi. Will need some learning or possible retune to clear a bog issue...and I'm hoping to be able to iron everything out this weekend and go hit the track!!! Since this trans should be able to hold it....I'll get my 1st full run out of it in the 1/8th. I may have a pinion angle mismatch issue...will need to investigate further tomorrow. How many degrees of angle can you have safely? Like 5* total or could it be higher....like 8*?With both yokes within 1-2* of each other?

I am ready to run this thing hard...just hope it's ready for it tomorrow...or I may be beating on a sick pony
Posted via Mobile Device

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote