View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #200
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Small update just to satiate myself; I now have the matching interior paint made, and have picked up the exterior color...now I'm excited. Grabbed it all along with all the other cleaners and goodies for the paint job.
In hanging the doors back in place for a test, we discovered some things that we had hoped NOT to discover. The poor fitment of the patch panels leads to "interesting " fit in some areas. Apparently, the passenger side rocker angled in somewhat, and ended up being almost a half inch too narrow! To verfiy, we checked the other fitments, and it fits perfect to the jamb, the fender and the rear cab wall, just not the door angle. The door itself meets the other panels fine, so it was all down to the rocker. I only have one pic, but we had to section the rocker and ADD a 1/2->1/4" angle strip to fill and complete the angle. It went fairly smooth, but wasn't the kind of surprise we wanted. The only shot I have is from starting to stitch it in. It's been cleaned and hit with filler since.

We are also waiting for my Kilduff stickshifter to arrive, along with my bolt in rollpan. We inch closer to paint each day....hoping to post more progress soon.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote