View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
jmlcolorado

Re: 68 C10/international L110 Mut

For now, i want to run some baby moons, till i get the green for some rims i like.

The tires in this photo are too small, but are working for now.

I used a cardboard template to moch up a split windshield to see if i liked it or not. I like it, so its going permanent.

Last look at the factory look. One of the reassons im splitting the glass is so its easier to find aftermarket glass. I cant find a factory windsheild for this truck, so itll be tricky.

Paper templates are my best friend! I always make a perfect template, then i tape off the outline on my sheet metal, then use an exacto knife to create perfectly clean lines to cut out. All my cutting is done with a 4" grinder.

i wanted to match the factory pinch weld setup, so i can utilize factory rubber, which i can find

View from inside.

Got a radiator from a neighbor. I want to turn it sideways to fit in the non existent grill shell.

This is where i really start jumping around. I don't get one project completely finished before i get motivated to do another. Bear with me here, ill cover it all eventually

Here i got my hands on an Alis Chalmer gas tank, or half of one.

Time to start cutting it up

I trimmed it out in 1/2" bar to clean it up. My quality control person must have been out of town, cause it doesnt look all that good.

Since i got this engine online, in the middle of the night, from a guy i dont know, with cash.....i wanted to see if it even ran. It does! Click for a short video.

And here is my idea of a grill shell:

jmlcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote