View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #20
RdoubleU

Re: Any pictures of Stepsides with Coys C5?

CC69Rat and lollife99 I need some of your expertise in the stepside area

Gonna pull a CC69Rat and may this a long one

I have a 68 stepside with 4.5/6 drop
Front:
  • CPP 2.5" spindles
  • Porterbuilt Arms 1" forward
  • 2" Drop Springs
Rear:
  • 2" Blocks
  • 4" Springs
First Issue: I measured my axle to double check and I'm getting some conflicting measurements. Plate to plate is coming up as 57" (70-72 rearend) but my old 6 lug axle shafts measure 30.5" (65-69 rearend) and I also rebuilt the axle earlier this year and used Moser conversion axles part # Part #: A30-65GMT5 which also measure 30.5"...and im pretty sure this truck has never been touched before but just paranoid about the 57" measurement.

What plates are you measuring from? Im measuring from the mounting flange because i currently do not have any brake brackets installed..Trying to triple check measurements

Coy fitment: Reading the above and a few other threads and if I do indeed have the early rearend. It looks like I only have one option for 20" coys that will fit correct?
-20x8.5 wheel with 4.75" BS for the rear
-20x8.5 with 5.25" BS for the front

Coys doesn't offer any other 8.5" BS options so its kinda that or nothing or am i wrong?

I have the 1 1/4" rotors and have read off and on about fitment issues:
  • Do I have to grind on the rotor any to get the wheel to bolt up? As in the center bore of the wheel wont be big enough?
  • I do understand I will need a spacer to clear the dust cap
  • But are the fitment issues people keep talking about just one of the above or both?

thoughts?
RdoubleU is offline   Reply With Quote