View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #482
kustombrad

Re: Project "49 No Buck$"

Off subject of the truck, but I had to share this! I showed in an earlier post that I had been working at Carsland in Disneyland, but I didn't share everything. I've known Chip since '93 and was honored when I got the call to help with the project! On my first day to stripe, I showed up with my old trusty and a bit beat up paint box that I'd owned for close to 30 yrs. I was kind of embarrassed being I knew the other 2 stripers (Dennis and Jeff) would show up with way newer setups and here I was with old faithful! I wasn't there an hour and the comments started, but quite the opposite from what I expected. The Imagineering people were going nuts and EVERYONE was taking pictures of the dumb thing! When John Lassiter (who directed Cars, Toy Story and others) told me he had to have it in the Racers ride, I knew it was over. I knew they wanted to buy it, but the biggest thing was now it's in the coolest museum ever!! I made some Ramone paint cans and added my crown (King, baby!) for Ramones name to go over and they grabbed a bunch of leftover paint cups from the store stuff to finish off the display. When you come out of the paint booth (I did a bunch of striping in there) it's sitting on the floor just to the right of the car ride. Pretty much made my year! So now I just say my OTHER paint box is at Disneyland!!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=320546

Last edited by kustombrad; 07-03-2012 at 04:39 PM.
kustombrad is offline   Reply With Quote