View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
whitels1

Re: 81 K5 "Arctic Blaze" H.O. 5.3 / SM465 swap

At this point the wiring is completed in the engine bay, all that is left is to loom it up an run the wiring to the gas tank for the pump and tank pressure sensor, as I'm planning to use the evap purge to control my tank venting, I'm still not sure if I'm going to run an f-body evap canister yet but well I will see when I get there. I have modified the stock tank to accept an in tank pump from a 03 3500 truck, it fits perfect. Here it is mocked up with a 99 F-body pump assy. The tank ring kit was from vette works, boil / clean the tank, cut the old ring out to size tack on 4 corners and seal it.

Finally on to the motor, which is what was has been holding up my swap process, When I started the I had a complete minus heads 00 LS1 from an F-body, but after pulling it apart and inspecting the block it was no good, and turned into my mock up block.

So I was monitoring craigslist for a motor and found a complete 4.8, it had a spun bearing, and a chewed up cam, but the block was solid.

Interestingly enough, both of these motors had fram filters on them when I got them.....
whitels1 is offline   Reply With Quote