View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!
Re: virgin 72 swb C10 deluxe

My buddy works for the power company in another state, he called me telling me about the truck since he knew I was into the GM trucks. It sounded pretty good and he's a gear head too so the info was reliable enough to go take a looksee. The owner said that it was 4 sale for a price and it had been setting for a while. As you can see the white letter tires have faded and washed down, the pics were after we pulled it out of the hey field. the truck has one of those old grand pa 1970's seat cover...I pulled the cover up and suprizingly the seat looks nice too.

My idea, if I buy, is to get the ol gal road worthy (shouldn't take much), keep as much patina as possible, and stop the progression of the rust areas. Install the rockers and patch panels in the doors and fender so I keep as much of the original paint and just spot in the patch areas and try to match it up. Will need a DS fender for sure, or a magician for a body man to fix the original? Try to locate an original tailgate and rear sport bumper. Once all that's done, do a ECE 4/6 drop, 3/4 ton sway bar, 20x8 and 20x10 grey centered torq thrust, dump the single exhaust and whisper muffler.....smile and drive!
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote