View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #144
68burbanontherocks

Re: 540 BBC 68 Burb Dually 54" Boggers on Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRod68 View Post
I think I pictured exactly what you said, and it was answering my question perfectly! You will be lowering the body down to as low as possible and building a custom floor. Did I get it right?

The links and suspension setup is going to be great. I am... er... was running king 2.5's on my Ranger. The performance of those shocks is just awesome. My only question is will the 3.0 be big enough to handle the weight of the rocks with 6 massive boggers??

I know they make a King Kong shock that is a 4.0, but i think it is only in a bypass shock configuration.

Man this is one of my favorite builds on any of the forums I'm on.

I'm just wondering, I have never seen a monster truck being built, and i have loved them since i was a kid, so i am asking a lot of questions.
Thanks man i really do appreciate it! So the 3.0 will work you basically just need to determine the unsprung weight of the truck. So the rockwells and boggers are irrevalent of the equation. Its all the weight above the axles which matters if that makes sense. The king kong shocks are what are used for like pre runner baja trucks. There friggen huge i saw them at sema this past year! Ill post up a pic if i can find it, but they are just so big cause of the bypass resivior used for high impact desert racing.
Most monster trucks use nitrogen shocks like night stalkers or patrick enterprise shocks. I think only a few run coilovers like adam anderson off the top of my head.
Hopefully ill have the floor built and put in in the next few days. The rocker boxes were all rotted out so that took a little bit to fix. Im doing diamond plate floor which will look real cool when its done!

Keep firing away the questions!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
68burbanontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote