Thread: My 88 Silverado
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #67
Ricky78045

Re: My 88 Silverado

I love the look of fog lamps in the valance on Silverados with quad beam headlights. I had my fogs behind the grille in highschool. I completely ignored the fact that my lights wouldnt illuminate jack squat so I took them off so long ago that I misplaced them. For now, I am planning ahead and want to wire a switch inside the truck to put the fog light control at arms reach. For years I had them connected by a rocker switch screwed into the plastic panel next to my fuse box. Since I took off my lamps, I took off the switch cause we were having issues with an electrical drain (another story). My horn button is there for now, until I get a new steering wheel with a functioning horn button. Well I would like to hook up the lights via "add-a-circuit" to the parking light fuse. What size fuse should I install here along with the 15 from the parking lights? The way I have this diagram wired, would the "add a circuit" power the relay?

I drew this diagram to lay it all out and see if I can make my own fog relay harness.
The inline fuse would be a 20Amp to power the relay from the battery. The stock connectors are weatherproof and keep the truck feeling stock.

i still have my doubts on it as im no electrician. lol

I was planning on cutting out a small spot on my instrument bezel where the OEM switch would go and place the center of a spare rocker switch on the dash.
Rocker Switch:

My current instrument bezel is cracked and has a broken corner, so i wouldnt mind installing that switch horizontally as a temp. I have plans on purchasing a new instrument bezel some time in the way future, maybe then I'll switch to the OEM style switch but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

1988 Chevrolet Silverado Single Cab, Short bed, 350, 5.7L: daily driver/on a budget restoration
Ricky78045 is offline   Reply With Quote