View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
utee05

Re: Low Beam Relay Not Functioning

All 4 headlights come on when the dimmer switch is set to high beams. Should this not be the case cause H4 bulbs are both high/low bulbs? When the dimmer switch is set to low beams nothing comes on.

My original dimmer switch went out a couple of weeks ago (before relay conversion) so I just got a new dimmer switch. I would hope that the dimmer switch I just bought is good. I know my original dimmer switch is bad cause when I hook it back up all I hear are clicking noises coming from the fuse panel area and no lights turn on at all.

I have checked each terminal 30 on both relays and see that voltage is getting to each one. When the dimmer switch is set to High beam I see the switch power (85) on the High beam relay getting full voltage along with (87) get the same voltage.

Also my grounds are good on both relays. When the switch is set to high beams I checked the relay on the low beams and I do not see much power out of terminal 85 & 87. What should be the voltage at these terminals on the low beam relay when the dimmer switch is set to high beams?