View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #562
justcuz

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
So how was it??
The trip was great but hot. Went from Prescott to Page to Durango to Moab to Tuba City back to Prescott. Saw the rodeo in Prescott. Next day 4 of us went to Seligman from Prescott on that County Rd/Forest Road. took a couple of hours and we came back down 89 into Prescott. Was a nice afternoon drive. Once I get a couple pictures downloaded I will post a thread in the newer trucks section.

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy the thread. I really hope he remembers the stuff we see--or at least some of it. He is not a very typical kid for his age. When we head out he will take a video game thing and a DVD player, but very rarely will they ever get used. More often than not, I will look back in the mirror and find him looking out the window at this or that. So many kids need the headrest-DVD players going just to go around the corner to the store. Kind of sad.
Good for him, you have succeeded in showing him that on the road time is special and he can play the video games at camp or home. You are building something there with your boy that will be a lifelong bond of shared appreciation for he beauty of nature and the back country. Congrats.

I've been off the grid for a bit recovering from surgery I had on the 10th. It may be a few days till I post up my pics of the route. Some interesting terrain variety and of course any day you get dirt under the tires is a great day!
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote