View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #70
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Re: Project Polar Bear

Been doing trail rides a LOT lately. 2-5 times a week. Just driving power lines and abandoned development projects, subdivisions etc. Some hardcore stuff too. One place is apparently call "Red Dirt Road" because it's all red clay. I drove 3 miles back on it, only about 1/2 mile of road type. Needless to say I almost flipped a few times from the pitches, got the front wheels off the ground, fully flexed a LOT. Dragged the t-case skidplate a million times. I've hit my hitch even more times. Lots of fun! Unlike most guys, I try to stay out of the mud. Too much cleanup and risk of getting stuck far from home or finding something in the mud, or breaking stuff. Plus it helps you lose traction.

I ordered skyjacker H7058's for the front this morning. Next is steering box brace, then NP208 clocking ring, then rear bumper/hitch/tank skidplate combo.

EDIT: I have yet to put her in 4wd. All done in a stock suburban on 31's in 2WD! Many of the trails are ATV trails too. Nobody around here will even take their modded jeeps or yota's into the places my burb has been.

Long Live The Polar Bear!

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote