View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #124
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

Oh, and speaking of pics, here are a couple of Tanya while I was working on her today. There wasn't anything special about the u-joint swap, so I never took any pictures of that....well, me and my good friend beating on the u-joints, and using random things to remove and reintall the center support bearing would have been good pictures....if there was someone else there.

Name:  today1.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  today.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  44.4 KB

The drive shaft is all installed now, and she is finally back on the road. She rides smooth as glass once again, man it feels so good to be behind her wheel again. I've got a lot of cleaning and prep work to do before the show on Saturday, so I'll try and get some more pictures as I get her cleaned up.

Oh, I got my new toy in the shop today.....rescued her from the crusher, litterally! The only reason she didn't get crushed is the crusher broke down when she was next in line. I found out about her while they were waiting for the parts to fix the crusher, and she was sitting 2 feet in front of it. I have a few pics from the salvage yard when we were loading her up, and i'll try to get them posted up here soon in an "Alternative Tinkerings" thread. The guy in one of the pictures is a very good friend of mine, and rents the shop right next to mine (also is a co-founder of my car club). He is the one who found out about the 'bird and let me know about her. He is building a '67 Cougar, and both cars will be built to resemble 60s style straight axle drag cars. We are hoping to have them on the road by next summer....Nothing on this body is permanent, the axle is a dana 60 we found just for the sake of moving the car and is held in place with rachet straps.

Name:  mybird.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  mybird1.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  43.9 KB
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote