Thread: Project Help!!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Tchandler

Project Help!!

Hey guys,

I am brand new to the forum and I love the stuff I am seeing. I have been kicking this idea around for awhile and I need some help. I had the brain storm/fart for the following. Here is my vision.......Anywhere from a 1947-1950 3600 LWB converted to a 4x4, 4bt or 6bt diesel, and the addition of a modified extended cab. Not a big extended cab, just big enough to get a bench seat from a 1/2 to pickup. Am I crazy or is this doable? I am needing help from all of your building expertise on if I would need to put it on a new frame, what chassis to use to convert to 4x4, transmission, rearend, etc. I dont want a "muddin" truck. I just thought this would be a cool idea. As much as a new truck costs now days, this would be possibly more economical and plus I could drive it untill the body rusts off! To get an idea what I'm going for look for N2BOOSTs project thread "1950 Chevy 3/4T 4x4... new member". No exactly just like his, but that would be what I would like for it to start like. Thanks for all of the help/input!!

Tyler

Last edited by Tchandler; 07-27-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Tchandler is offline   Reply With Quote