Thread: Heisenberg
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #104
PJF

Re: Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
i know you have your reasons, and you did say some people are going to cringe- and im on the major cringe bandwagon...

it seems soo counterproductive to buy a fully restored street rod to just rip it all apart. the truck your building is magnificant - but why couldnt you find a perfect body without a drivetrain? I mean, for what you paid for your truck you probably could have just the same bought one of those brand-new cabs they now sell...

its just hard to see like every piece of a nice rebuilt truck ripped away...

ALL That being said ------

Very nice truck your building there - is there only 1 rendering of the final truck? how will the interior look? specs on rims/tires? we want more info!
It's all good.

I bought it "restored" thinking it would be a daily driver for a few years before I started the process of maybe re-painting and redoing the suspension.

Well, a few years turned into about one month, then started the vicious obsession to have it lay out on the ground, and when it was brought to my attention I might be able to have the first complete Porterbuilt setup on a 56, that was it. My brain got the best of me - and here we are now.

Why leave good enough alone?

The old frame, drivetrain and everything is not wasted - it's already been used as a transplant for another project.

But yeah, I get it. Gotta have a few screws lose to blow that pretty looking truck apart.