View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 AM   #566
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
I will, have to get them downloaded and posted. I should have some time next week.
Still just under 2 weeks post op on my prostate surgery, so still have a little abdominal tenderness. Should get better once the Dr. lets me start walking again.
Hang in there man. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leglance View Post
Great to get back on here and catch up with the mod's to the big bad orange monster.
I really like the laptop mount, at first I thought you had placed it too far to the rear but with a manual trans I guess it was that or way in the air above the shifter.
That location took way too long to decide on. I just could not find a better place to put it. Here it is in the way of that. There it is in the way of this, and so on. It really worked out well there. We don't use the third door for ingress and egress except when the truck is in "tent" mode, then we only use that door. Having a flexible kid helps as he climbed over it bunches of times and never had an issue with it and the way I modified his sleeping platform, the mount has no interference with that either.

Quote:
I also like the new seat and fridge mount, that really freed up some serious space and better you can now get a snack or beverage while on the road.
Yeah, for extended trips with just us, the smaller seat is great. Yes, having the ability to grab a cold drink while ripping down the road is a very nice feature. Unfortunately, when the bench seat is in place (which will be most of the time), the fridge will have to go in its previous location.

Quote:
Oh and the battery install is brilliant. I also put my aux battery in the wheel well but yours came out so much better.
Well, that *may* be, but I would be embarassed to admit how long I spent working on that thing. While I was working on it, I was trying to remember how you did yours thinking to myself that yours went in in a shorter period of time and you were out using yours instead of incessantly working on that one project.

Quote:
I can see I will be stopping by your place for a lesson on sheet metal welding.
Haha. Your lesson just might be doing a project on this thing while I sit in front of a fan in the shade .

Quote:
Great progress on the rig and I am looking forward to getting our burb's back in the dirt soon.
Me too man, me too. Glad you're back!!