View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #28
TrucknAndy

Re: "72 GMC Wideside" Quasi Build Thread

I figure its about time I updated my thread.

I got the wiring kit installed with the exception of the dome, and courtesy lights. It fired right up on the first try which was a huge confidence booster.

I had to get with American Autowire as my gauge cluster wasn't working properly. The instructions offer two ways to wire the cluster one for "with gauges" and one for "with warning lights." I assumed I had the with warning lights because I have the brake/engine light in my cluster. However, "WITH WARNING LIGHTS" applies to trucks that uses warning lights in place of gauges. American Autowire asked if I had a water temperature gauge which I do...this meant I was a "with gauges install" vs having a warning light for water temperature which would indicate a "with warning lights install." I repinned the the cluster connector and voila!

Cluster now works like a champ with exception to the fuel gauge demon I am still chasing. I also rebuilt my carb since my last post. Much easier done than expected...truck is running smoother than ever. That's it for now I will post pics of the wire install soon, and will update my next step in the process once I decide what to fix next. LOL