View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #24
BuckLucky

Re: My 72 Blazer w/8inch lift 38.5x14.50 Swampers

Sorry for bringing this back up but I thought Id add my upgrades I have made. Blazer pretty much sat for 2 years after I lifted it . Now Im back to dumping money into the rust bucket. The next thing I upgraded was the steering. I ended up just keeping my stock 12 bolt and dana 44 as I have no plans on wheeling the thing. I purchased the cross over steering kit from Off Road Design. All I can say is wow, best upgrade I have made. Didnt even need to put a steering stabilizer on. Drove dang good with out it but I put one on anyway. Next thing I did was a new performer rpm intake, Holley 4160 vacume secondary carb ( got rid of the junk edelbrock, actually its sitting on my bench lol) , installed a performer rpm cam and lifters, brand new hooker headers, hooker header 2 1/4 mandrel bent exhaust kit and summit racing wanabe flowmaster mufflers. The blazer is running and sounding great . The one thing I havent done yet is to change the booster out for a 1 ton unit, that and 4.56 gears are the next 2 things on my list. I will get some pics up asap. After those 2 things are done I will be putting in new body mounts and start the patch work for the body panels and also get a cage built and tie it into the frame to stiffen the thing up . I was thinking of putting in newer style seat belt system also so I can put car seats in the back. Figured I could tie the shoulder straps into the roll cage.
BuckLucky is offline   Reply With Quote