View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #40
toocrazy

Re: Mark's 66 Burb Build

I finally have some progress pictures on the burb. This past week we really hit it hard and got quite a bit done. I was waiting to put the dash back in until I had the A/C working. I had a couple unknown wires to figure out and the ductwork to install. We gased it up and we got some nice cold air. Because the interior is silver I thought black would be a nice complement color on the dash. I didn't want to be too crazy with it but I am very happy the way it turned out. I do have one question thought, what do you think about the chrome steering wheel? I almost think it is too much chrome and it needs to be black but looking for suggestions. I am pretty sure we will be painting the exterior door handles black.

On the paint we will be painting from the bottom of the windows to the top a satin black. From the bottom of the windows down (including hood) it will be a semi-gloss or lower luster silver. Not to dull and not too shiny.

Then there is that trailer hitch............should it stay or go????????????

There is another bench seat that sits just in front of the wheel wells. The entire interior is satin silver and I am thinking of doing torch red seat upholstery for the front and rear seats. That is not final but I think it would look cool with the silver.
toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote