View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #29
Shaun1162

Re: Late 60's Vintage Modified Race Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped up View Post
Glad to see some progress, saw you posted on the hamb too. I'm vntge41 on there
Posted via Mobile Device
Happy to see your still checkin in! I figured I might as well post on here and the HAMB.. Good to have peoples opinions and ideas, and I figured some guys here would like to see it too

Didn't have much time to work on it this weekend, but I did get a few places patched... Some before and afters:

This one I'm not completely happy with, but I've still got some reworking to do..

I've also pretty much made up my mind that I want to put this car on the road.... I'll still keep it as stock as possible, so that it could easily be put back to "as-raced" condition (the side bars are in the way anyways, so the doors will have to remain welded..) but add the items needed to have it inspected as a street rod. I've always wanted to build a decent hot rod, but of course money was always an issue... So far I'm into this car for right around $2,000, that includes the car itself, the engine, all the brake parts, sandblasting, and the steel to patch it. I'm sure I'll have over $3,000 into by the time I'm done, but I've got all the major parts except for the transmission and radiator, plus all the replacement parts (clutch, brake lines, etc). Probably some feel that an old stock car shouldn't be put on the road, but hey why not? This car wasn't a track champion, and to my knowledge never won a feature, so I might as well have some fun, go to some shows/cruises instead of just covering it up in the garage... But I think I've still got a while before I need to worry about all of that stuff!
- 1933 Ford Stock Car
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote