View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #77
gottattooz

Re: Captain America 68 short/fleetside

My dad got some cool Low-back bucket seats for his 59 Chevy pickup, so he handed down his old racing seats. I installed them, and then we trailered the Captain to a friend's shop to get the exhaust installed. I've got the long tube headers and Magnaflows with pipes that will exit in front of the rear wheels. When I get the other bed installed, I want to run the exhaust tips through the bedsides in front of the rear wheels.

Two things that are bothering me. #1. When I replaced the hood, I broke the part of the old hood that latches into the hood latch assembly, and I can't find anywhere that sells it. After I broke it off, I realized it was attached to the plate that comes off with 4 bolts.

#2, I've had my truck running, albeit with open headers, but it fired up every time. Today, the truck fired up, but then fizzled out, like someone was unplugging spark plug wires one at a time. I verified 12 volts to the distributor (HEI), even swapped out the coil, and eventually swapping out the entire distributor with a known good distributor, and still no spark. Any ideas??

-Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote