View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #152
Billhilly

Re: 41DegreesSouth Build Thread

So yeah, I make progress. Finally got the new bed landed down here in April. Because I felt bad shipping 'air' I filled the entire thing with 'stuff' I couldn't do without! Brought a set of Goodyear Duratrac's and Wheel Vintiques steel rims. And a bunch of other things!! Bed looks good but haven't got the paint off it yet. Tailgate will need straitening, waiting to paint the rims white and get the tires on.
As it currently sits I am up to final panel alignment stuff. Sounds like I'm getting somewhere but as with everyone in this position there are issues. Repro guards are generally ok but the right side is good from the top down to the body line then dives in over quarter of an inch. It will need 'opening up' I guess. Left side is more interesting. Over all contour is 'better' but the body line is quarter inch high! Some one with much more skill required to magic that down the required amount!
I have made progress finishing up the work on the inner guards. Longer shocks, RHD, auto linkage cable, all added to the mix! Came up ok though.
Attached Images