View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #32
Shaun1162

Re: Late 60's Vintage Modified Race Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped up View Post
Damn was that frame sitting in a pool of water. Alot of rust!!! But nothing better than a n original frame under an old ford
Posted via Mobile Device
Just about! Been sitting out in the woods for the last 20 or so years.... before that I'm not real sure, but I doubt it was in a garage lol... Honestly though, I'd prefer to fix some rotted out spots then wrecked/twisted/horribly stick welded place on the frame. At least this is more or less a "straight shot" where I can cut out the old, make a template, and weld in the new. When its been wrecked there's all kinds of heating and hammering and welding etc to make it look half way decent...

Got the rear drum brakes all done today, just have to put the two halves together and that part of the project is done. Also just have to put one more spring on a front brake and then those can go back together. I want it so when I'm done welding/grinding and eventually painting, I can roll out the front end and rear end, bolt them in, and then I've got a nice rolling chassis. Then it'll look like I've really got something!
- 1933 Ford Stock Car
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote