View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #575
justcuz

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

[

Yeah, we (Lance and I) were just discussing his lack of ground clearance, horrible breakover and worse departure angle around a campfire Saturday night. Height is a double edged sword. I deal with mine, but I carry a two-step step ladder in the truck for when I have to haul my MIL, or mother or aunts or...... with me/us. Not a problem, but for someone like your wife, or Lance with his bionic leg, height can be a real issue. Steps can help tremendously, but *can* be detrimental on a trail, but I think they are worth the risk.[/QUOTE]

I used the 3 leaf one ton springs in the front of my 1976 3/4 ton. It brought the front end up about 1 to 1.5 inches. I know they ride fairly stiff though. Some aftermarket companies make a 2.5 inch lift for the 73 and up trucks. You could install those springs and move the rear mount back a couple inches. 73-91 Suburban 4x4 springs are longer than 67-72 springs by a few inches right?

We have a 93 truck and a 92 Blazer also. Both are the same color maroon and the paint on the roof and hoods are just starting to peel. We don't live in Az. though with the heat and sun exposure you get, although you can't prove it by me with the weather we have been having the last couple weeks. I'm ready for a road trip to Oregon! Still having trouble posting my picks because they may be too big, will try to resize and see what happens.
Attached Images

justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote