View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #24
the1ted

Re: From monster truck to street-pride is expensive!

The first picture is of the rear bumper with a winch installed. I had always wanted this configuration to pull vehicles onto a trailer-so now I finally did it! I am going to fit the control box to the inside of the driver's side rear fender well and use a 4" hole saw to go down thru the bed to engage and release the winch. I used 2 roller fairleads and one slotted/sacrificial fairlead to bring the cable out the back. The next view is of the front of the truck. Two decisions I made to defeat the rust and salt are all neoprene bushings (excepting the eye ends of the leaf springs) and all stainless steel lines for brakes and fuel. The following photo is the motor for the '85 next to the '57 engine. You can see the Jeep my son shows at the extreme right. All motors are 350 small blocks and note the chalk board on the back wall. It is a lifesaver trying to get 2 vehicles done at the same time. One more picture is the full view of the Jeep. I know this is a Chevy and GMC truck site but get this; the engine is a 355 Chevy small block, a TH400, the front 3/4 ton brakes and hubs are from a GM truck, the transfer case is from my '66 GMC Carryall (Rockwell T-221), and the rear is a 1-ton 14-bolt Chevy dually!
Attached Images

the1ted is offline   Reply With Quote