View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #1333
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Frizz speaking of old euro cars, your kids like the Minx? Reason I ask is my 15 yo would rather walk than drive in the Amazon. I asked him last night "Some of your friends would like the Amazon no?" his reply......"Dad I don't have stoner or hippy friends"
You really can't expect the 15yo to have developed any "real" taste for what's cool and what's not. Heck some adults never get there. We're not born with the ability to distinguish a good beer or wine, same with cars. Kids just go with the obvious Camaro, Mustang, Ferrari, etc. And that's fine. Keep them somewhat exposed to the car scene and maybe at some point they'll "get it." Or maybe not...

To answer your question, My 13yo boy has a 68 VW Squareback that he thinks is cool (but has yet to really do anything with...). He and his friends think the Minx (or what I've done to it) is cool.

My 9yo boy is into classics. He's the one in a few pics in this build. BUT, he recently told me that the Minx was not his style That's ok. He digs the FJ40 and Chevy trucks

My 8yo girl likes all years of Vettes and motorcycles (uh oh)
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote