View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #148
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Ok, so my welding has not been going as well as I would like. I am beginning to wonder if perhaps there is a problem with the welder. I have tried many different settings with the heat and the speed, and I do occasionally get that perfect weld. However, more often than not, I end up with a butcher job.

I was trying to weld some patch pieces into the seam that I fixed. I also decided to try welding a patch into the bottom of the drivers front cab support. I figure that the support seems in pretty good shape, except for a few small holes in the bottom, so I would just try patching it. I also figured it's a good area to practice on as if I completely screw it up, I can just replace the support.

So, a couple of the welds came out great, but I was not able to replicate them. The photos are showing several different settings as I was trying to find the right mix. My welder also seems to sputter a lot; it's not a consistent flow. It's a Chicago electric from HF. Anyone have any issues with the same one?
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote