View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #74
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: If you love unmolested longbeds, don't look!!!.......or

And for those comparing trucks to muscle cars (I see this comparison on here all the time)...I guess it's a remote possibility...but not likely at all.

Only super low mileage or super original unrestored and really nice trucks demand money...or those restored to show quality are selling for top dollar...and not longbeds...mainly short. I've seen under 10,000 mile original short beds sell for 10-15K and the same longbed struggles to bring 5K....it's just the market...

One example: There was a really nice longbed for sale local to me and also on ebay for over a year...they had over 20k in just parts receipts not counting purchase price and they did all the labor on it (and did a nice job)...yet couldn't even sell it for 9K (started at 15 and worked down to 9k)

And the real comparison would be 2 door cars vs. 4 door cars (think short to long) in the collector car market...a nice 2 door sells for thousands more than an equally nice 4 door. On some of the highest dollar cars (rare antique cars), it can be a couple hundred thousand dollar difference...