Thread: Maggie's Custom
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #167
jdoisher

Re: Maggie's Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos63 View Post
nice stuff ! love the nova I had a whole gang of them too,but only one left my 1970
I really can't wait to drive this car, I sold a 240z (with a small block chevy) and a 98 Camaro to build this car, its been awhile since I've had something fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 66 View Post
as usual looking good. is your column out of a 67-72 truck?if so we have the same one. wondering if there were any issues with install.im thinking it will just bolt in?and did you go with a later model power steering box?Man I wish we could move along as fast as you are. unfortunately we are mired in rust repair.love your project
The column came from a early 80's GM box van (I got from the junk yard), I had to weld a nut plate to the bottom of it for a mounting point, I bought a steering column with a steering wheel from craigs list as our truck had a grant steering wheel. I used the same steering box, I took the shaft out of the old column and put it in the box van one (non tilt for now). Later I plan on putting power steering on the truck (Got one of Captin fabs brackets!)

Captin Fab sent me a pm telling me I don't need both brackets on my master cylinder so I'll get the CPP one removed tonight! (I should have known better lol!)
Thanks again for the comments!!!
Jason and Miss Maggie
jdoisher is offline   Reply With Quote