View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
LEEVON

Re: Factory Truck height ?

My rambling commentary on 2wd vs 4wd, not that it adds anything to your thread but I think it's interesting where the market has gone. People used to see the reasoning behind buying 2wd trucks such as cost vs. benefit, climate, maintenance, gas mileage, etc. These days most common folk (not truck people like ourselves) don't think a truck is a truck unless it is 4wd. I think that besides the suspensions being identical on GMT900 (front coil-over) the similarity is driven by consumer demand. If you took a poll of most new chevy owners many would admit they bought 2wd's only because it's cheaper not because they really wanted it, like us. Heck, you can get Z71 suspension (and stickers) on a 2wd today. That's the "so my neighbor wouldn't know I don't have a real truck" package LOL.

Can't tell you how many times I have gotten flippant remarks about my 2wd trucks. I've had the occassion to use 4wd ONCE in the last 5 years and I wouldn't have needed it if my tires were in better shape (snow). GM has made 4wd's more comfortable and reliable though so I can understand the mentality. Heck, my next new truck might be a lowered 4wd LOL.