View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #6321
67cheby
67cheby

Re: 67 cheby's Dropmember build thread (CLOUD 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
scuff it all
hmmm....thinking about it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
In my mind it was painted booster, painted master, brushed lid for a more subdued effect--make it all blend in to the background and keep your eyes on the engine. Either way would look nice. Never been a fan of a chrome booster, kinda like the stick-on chrome window dividers and door handles, there are some things you just don't want to highlight...
i agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
i think it will be hard to get the scuffing straight across the front of the booster but i agree its a little too shiny compared to the rest under the hood , the sides shouldnt be too hard to do though
maibe you can paint the front of the boosterpart and the cylinder , scuff the bottompart of the reservouir and either just paint in the lettering on the lid or do the orange black lettering like i mentioned before
the scuffing might be an issue to make it look just right ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by toocrazy View Post
Mike, I will be very interested to see how you come out with the CPP master cylinder. They are beautiful but I finally took mine off my 66 Burb. I had no luck getting it to work as it was a nightmare to bleed. This is one fantastic project you have going here.
Thanks for you input hopefully i wont have the same issues !
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Sleeper View Post
I am going the opposite direction on the CPP brake setup. I think the chrome along side the chrome on your manifolds works good together. Provides just enough chrome under the hood but not so much that it takes away from the motor. Just my 2 cents...
thanks man !
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Great to see the progress Mike. Keep it up.
thanks !
The booth at the car show with your truck in front of it was a great idea.
Thanks , i just wish i would have had my "Slosh TUbz" in my truck ..LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
So far everything looks great Mike!!!!
Thanks man !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote