View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
bmwhitt

Daddy Bob's 1964 GMC 3/4 Ton

I am relatively new to these trucks but I came upon a deal i couldnt refuse. I lost my granddad (Daddy Bob) a little over a month ago. I just happened to be at a local farmer's house about 3 weeks ago and they said they had to show me something. I turned the corner and saw it. I almost couldnt believe it. They had bought my granddad's truck from him about 20 years ago. This was the first truck I ever drove and what he first taught me to drive in. They have kept it up as a farm rig and it still runs great. They had recently bought a new truck that was 4x4 and automatic for their farm and were ready to sell this one. They wanted me to have first shot. I have been waiting on them to get their tools and fuel tank out of it. I just picked her up today and did some pressure washing. The only think it know about it is it is 3/4 ton and four speed in the floor with granny low. It also has the 305 V6. My dad and I are going to slowly bring her back to life. I just want it to be reliable and not break me at the pumps. I have been reading on here and have gotten several good ideas. I want a regular bed, 1/2 ton running gear, and maybe an inline 6 for better mileage. Thanks for all the great posts and look forward to sharing my progress.
Attached Images

bmwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote