View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #247
bigblock73
yeller

Re: 67-72 cab corner 6x9 speaker brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonerife View Post
I got mine today and installed them. I welded the bottom bracket to the cab floor instead of drilling the holes and mounting. I had to put a little more angle on (the bottom brackets) to make them sit flush with the floor. I will put Dynamat throughout my cab after I clean and paint the inside of my cab corners. Then I'll re-install them.
I am pleased with the quality of the brackets and if any of you are on the fence about buying a set, They are worth the money imo. I would spend a lot of time trying to get the cuts and correct bends on these if I were to start from scratch. I installed mine in about 30 minutes.
Thank you for the feedback, and your install looks great! You might have been able to tack weld them where the pilot holes were too, might have made it a bit cleaner...not that you will even see the floor brackets anyhow.

If I understood you correctly, you said the factory floor jack assembly will clear the passenger bracket? if so, that is great...I didn't have an assembly in the junk cab I bought to create these.

Again, thanks for the feedback!
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote