Thread: 48 panel truck
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #201
xpickup

Re: 48 panel truck

Chevette, I know that is cheating but it is a perk.

Went to a car show on Friday and that was great and I took the panel. After that our Durango died again. I will never buy a Dodge again. After spending 3 hours checking things out I figured out that it is the transmission range sensor. Which is a dealer only item . So I should just bend over and grab my ankles awhile! Was checking online and I think the valve body has to come out. If it was the panel I would do it but if something goes wrong I really do not want to buy a tranny for it. So it might just have to go to the shop. If that was not bad enough I was driving my chevy dually on Saturday and came to an intersection and the brake pedal went right to the floor. Two cars each way and with a just red light. Luckly no body was in a hurry and jumped the light! I thought it might be the hydro boost but thank god it was not , it was a rusted rear brake line. So about 14' of brake line later and now it is fixed, along with finally putting on the 4" exhaust. That diesel is still a turd. So for most of the weekend it was the panel that was the only one drivable out of the bunch! So hopefully back onto the fabrication on the 48 pickup. I would rather work on something old than the new stuff any day.

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote