View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #48
bcdeutsch731

Re: Dyno'ed 768hp 1305ftlbs & ran a 10.99@122

I got the cage in it and dyno tuned the new engine. It made 1000hp and 1525tq. spinning the tires on the dyno.

Took it to the track after the dyno and the torque converter blew up at the line. It locked the converter right off the line, and I ran a 9.95@141. This was on the small race tune that dyno'ed 925HP.

I got the truck back to my shop and installed a new converter and cleaned the trans out. I didn't have any time to rebuild the trans at that time because I have to be at a race in 3 days. I went to the race and ran a 9.91@143 but the clutches burnt up in the trans. This run was also on the small race tune.

I took the trans out and rebuilt it with all new clutches and hard parts that were worn. Installed a new torque converter and went to a race in MN. I didn't even get a good pass out of it and the torque converter blew up again and took the clutches out in the trans.

I sent the trans out to Inglewood and Mike went through the trans and installed all new clutches and did some other stuff in the trans. I got a new TC from a different company and I have not been back to the track.

I found a Mark Williams 11" rearend on racing junk that had the gear ratio I wanted in it 2.91. So now I'm in the process of installing this huge rearend in my truck. I'm not sure if any of you have seen this rearend but it is heavy duty. I'm installing a 4-link rear suspension in it with a wish bone and anti roll bar. I don't get into suspension much so this has been taking me a long time to make sure I have everything right before I weld it in. Lots of measuring and weighing of the truck. I will get some pictures up when I'm done.