View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #270
xpickup

Re: 1948 Chevy / S10

Daze57, Thank you

oldman3, Thank you, I thought it looked neat face to face.

mknittle, Thank you. The bad thing is I think I need to build a 36" deep bead roller. So I think I am going to have to do a rebuild. Powering was a great addition though.

99 to Life, Thank you. Yes it is the moving blind spot. I do have other mirrors but have not had the time to put them on. They are really nice, they have LED turn signals in the front of them. I do not like the way they mount so I will do it another way.

I started on the inner wheel wells today. I first started with some 2" strips and bent them so I could make a buck for them when rolling them and checking for the clearances. I used my stretcher/shrinker to make my radiuses. Then tacked them together when I was happy. Then used poster board for my sheet metal lay out. I cut it all out then did my bead rolling. I had the swap my dies top to bottom because I could not get the part through the throat of the bead roller. I need to make a bigger one! Then rolled it on the slip roller. It fits great. I need to finish the front and the back where it bolts the the rear upper part of the fender because it angles back. I use the stretcher to get it to fit the fender. I am going to make the panel a set hopefully soon also.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote