View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #157
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

Things on the truck have been going slow...but I've made a little progress. I got the new-"new" drive shaft in and the fit is about perfect. Got in some pinion angle shims for our trucks and thought I might have to use both 3.5* and 2.5*...for a total of 6*. Well as usual my figures were off...and it looks like the 3.5* is all I really needed. I really like this company though....spent like $41 or so and they sent me a catalog and more importantly a cap! Anyway, took out a 1/2" plate and put in the 3.5* shims for a net of about + .25" height difference.

Anyway...that buttons up the rear for now (planning on a Dana60 or 14bolt) so I'm back on the EFI. Unfortunately I can't just fire it up and get back to resolving tune issues, because I ripped out the dash cluster to clean it up a bit and swap out the gauges/cluster = more wiring. What a pain...

anyway...the gauges don't fit like I thought they would. So in the interest of getting it back together and on the road...I installed them the quickest way for now and will revisit them later. Seems like the trucks theme...get it to a certain level for now so I can move on, and I'll revisit it later.

with fingerprints and all...

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote