View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #1298
orange72sub

Re: Joined the Short Wheelbase Club *69 Tahoe Project*

Hey FF, just wanted to say great job! You are truly skilled and a great innovator! I am not big on lowered customs but I appreciate someone going out and building a one off truck! I do like your all one piece rear gate. I just got my rust free upper hatch from California and I am restoring my daily driver 72 K20 sub. I would like to try and duplicate your rear hatch idea. I have a few questions though. Did you end up welding all the way across the outside gap of the upper and lower overlap or did you just use your 1/4" strapping too tie the two together? also did you just use the tailgate latch with the push button to hold the hatch shut? How well does it latch that way? Does the door bounce or rattle and does it seal tight? There just seems to be some pics missing from the original mock up to later when it is done. Also was wondering how you came up with the location for your gas struts? I don't plan on doing the custom hinge you used although that does eliminate the number one way water gets into our upper hatches and rust them out. That is a great setup you came up with. Keep up the great work and thanks for all the great pics and info great roll model for having a solid well thought out plan and executing it!
orange72sub is offline   Reply With Quote