Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #1399
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

OK, some yes, some no. First off, I'll say that I'm not a big fan of urathane in the trailing arm bushings. It's one of the only spots I'd say no to. If I was going to change the front pivit, I would fab in a uni-ball (steel) or a Monster-ball (delron lined) This would allow full articulation without any axle shift. If you don't want to do that, stay with the rubber here. Second, almost every spring and shock I've seen is too stiff, WAY too stiff for a goood handling vehicle, of any kind. Lets face it, we're not going to the high banks at Daytona. Food for thought, a stock rear spring has appx 600 lb/in, where as my Hellboy truck currently has 150 lb/in springs. I am looking into 'A' body springs to check out compression hieghts vs. spring rates, to see if we can make use of them. The longer panhard rod, especially if it is a low mount unit, will help eliminate the side-skip. And, if the springs and shocks were correct, then the swaybar could do it's job, and you'd never feel the bump. A mercedes 550 can do it, why not us?
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote