View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
Berg

Re: 1975 K5 Blazer- another beach truck!

Here is a shot of it after I cleaned it. I didn't see much of a difference either... I did install the camshaft straight up. I was able to back off the rocker arms and unbolt the cam gear, move it on the chain to get the dots to line up with #1 cylinder at TDC. I adjusted the Edelbrock carburetor I put on it and it is running a lot better but it doesn't start making power until somewhere around 1,500rpm. I got a set of 882 heads with a stock camshaft I might swap into it to see if it puts this truck where I want it. I set base timing at 6* BTDC and it seemed like too much so I backed it off to see if it would run any better. I couldn't hear any detonation and I hooked up the vacuum advance the PO had capped off. It is running a lot better and holds around 160 degrees on the aftermarket coolant temp sender I stuck by the thermostat housing. The original gauge works but reads a little on the low side and seems like it takes a while to get where it needs to be. I'd rather go off the cylinder head temp so I'm going to eventually replace the sender and check out the gauge and see if it is working with the correct resistance. The factory oil pressure gauge checks out to be pretty accurate
Attached Images

Berg is offline   Reply With Quote