View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #155
Glennerd

Re: Olds powered 72 GMC

So, I decided to cut the old boxside apart to get it off. Much easier to cut out the bolts from the outside of the truck and the old panel was just full of filler and holes anyway. While I was under the truck, I noticed a bit of rust that turned into a hole, also a bit of a tweak in the frame. The box has to come off. Earlier I had also noticed some rust on the brackets that connect the frame to the suspension/steering at the front of the truck. I'm going to deal with that as well at the same time. Frame looks good under the cab. I had planned on doing a 2"/4" coil drop at some point and now would be the best time, I hate to say. Anyone know of a fair priced coil and shock kit? I'm also going to do the control arm bushings at the same time and was wondering about a set that would help me hook up a bit better?(I have been told a softer set?) I'm planning on boxing the arms while they're off. I'm open to some suggestions. Thanks. p.s. Picked up a sweet set of Offy breathers for my Olds. $20 and a little elbow grease.
Attached Images

Glennerd is offline   Reply With Quote