View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #4497
350TacoZilla

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitDan View Post
omg here I am again. still on the fence over what to do about tires. I have 235/85/16 weenie tires, can't find anything taller that's skinny enough to run on a dually rim. I see other people putting some ridiculously wide tires on dually rims, but IDK if that's a good idea. Plus, part of my dilemma is having the narrow rear on my C&C, the inside of the rears will hit the springs if I go much wider, and the weenies are already sticking out of the fender a little. If I have to add flares that will ruin the whole point of the tucked under look. I've wanted to try 19.5s, but they are very hard to find around here, and I've figured that I can only fit the 225/70s, which look short. 245/70s look good but will be too wide to fit under the bed.
I'm once again thinking about converting to srw just so I can run some taller rubber. 35s would be legal, but I can get 37 Hummer takeoffs really cheap, so I think I'd risk it. I have room to clear them. Some of these srw trucks like Sturgis' just make me drool.
Oh, what to do!?
what about 255/85/16's they are about 34 tall I think and are narrow enough for dually rims toyo,bfg, and few others make tires in this size. Denman also used to make coyote radials that were a 36x10.50x16 I think, you may be able to find some still laying around in warehouses such as 4wheel parts or national tire and wheel