View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Steve Hafner

Correct Valve Cover Decal - SUBURBAN

I'm doing research to have a "correct" valve cover decal made for my 70 C-10 pickup's original 350 4 BBL engine. I started threads in the pickup and Blazer/Jimmy sections and got quite a bit of new information. I thought I'd ask over in the Suburban area to see if anyone here can ad anything. So far, I believe the "8 350" decal seen in the first picture below, from the 70 C-10 with 80 miles that was for sale a couple of years ago, is the correct one for my engine. It did NOT have a decal on the driver's side. The second picture below, is said to be a 72 GMC from an article in a service bulletin when it was new. The third picture below, shows an original 71 307's decal that I personally took pictures of a few weeks ago. It did NOT have any remains of a decal on the driver's side.

My main questions are:

1) Does anyone have a Suburban with any portion of it's original valve cover decal still intact ? ( 69 through 72 and ANY cubic inch ) I'd like to see a picture of it, even if it doesn't look like the one I've posted. I realize that Suburban decals could have been different from the decals on pickups.

2) Does anyone remember seeing one of these in the past . . . and did they only come on the passenger side valve cover ?

. . . .
Attached Images

Last edited by Steve Hafner; 10-28-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote